CBT for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you cannot control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy and countless other strategies but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the most effective treatment modality for a wide range of anxiety-related conditions. We will learn to understand how anxiety has become a problem for you and use scientifically proven solutions to stop anxiety from controlling your life.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is the most effective option, and a course of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the front-line treatment of choice.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
CBT can help to identify the factors that contribute to your ongoing worries and fears, look at situations in a new less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. We will collaborate together and get you back to living your life. I look forward to working with you.